Simple One-Day Acts to Do Alone or With Others
- Watch a documentary for a new perspective on something you are interested in. Here are some of my documentary experiences that can possibly help you with your decision:
- Get in the kitchen. Get the whole family involved in learning about some new cooking technique, how to make your old recipes healthier, or just to rid your pantry of some evil ingredient (may I suggest high fructose corn syrup?). Here are some posts that may help you on your path:
- Watch (or Read) and share some inspirational/educational videos. Whether it is through the wide expanse of YouTube or you take a direct route to a worthy organization's website (ie. TED), there is so much out there to absorb, share and enact change simply in the way we think. Here are some web videos I was moved by:
- Find a nonprofit that needs YOUR help (virtually or financially). One of the best actions you can take is to network with like-minded people around your cause - whether you join a mailing list, sign up for an event or have the means to donate, finding a way to Do Something may be easier than you think when you connect with the right groups. Here are some you may want to check out:
- Composting. This is a project I am getting started on myself, so I am still learning, but I have found a couple of great resources to start out.
- Gardening. I am truly a novice when it comes to gardening. I should have picked up more tips from my mother when she was around... Alas, I must learn again (I'm really hoping that the things I learned as a child start to come back to me when I begin!). Here's a great resource that a fellow blogger, Brenna, pointed me to:
- Build a Culture of Community Involvement. Meg Appleby of the How to Make a Difference blog and the Do Good blog has all the tips you need to get some volunteers to join your cause. Read her post How to Build a Culture of Community Involvement to see how!
I hope this gives you lots of ideas for March 4th's task to DO SOMETHING (and I really hope it inspires you Do Something every day! I look forward to reading how everyone spends their day.
...and don't forget to wear your action too! (I think this company is SO COOL!)