I am doing the best I can... Can't really ask for more than that.
The best that I can do now is shift audiences (put out of the classroom on medical leave) and use this time to still create ripples in my small pond. Will you help me make some waves?
This Friday, March 4th, has been declared "Do Something Day," but I've been thinking - why not make this a "Do Something Month"? It's a great time of year to start something new for your health, your wealth, your family, your home or your home planet.
Here are some ideas I am working on for my own personal challenge:
- learn about and begin composting
- get soil tested in yard to see if growing food is a safe option, if not - plant other things to start to heal my soil
- work on meal planning and getting hubby to bring more lunches to work (save $$!!)
- do some more baking
- continue to spread the word about the Farm Bill and actions that need to be taken to ensure our food is appropriately labeled and regulated
- take my dogs on longer walks and get back out to my parks
As I come up with new ideas, I will implement them and I will share them each Monday (since I will most likely need weekends to put some bigger things into action) in March Moves Monday Run Down! I challenge you to join me and share whatever "moves" your making this month each Monday. Also, spread the word about this challenge far and wide - who knows? Maybe we can inspire an elephant to fill his big trunk up with water to really start to extinguish this fire!
Ready to "move"?
What things can you do this month - big or small - to help enact change in the world around you?
What things are you already doing that may be a good idea for someone else to try?
Here's a post to help you get started: March Forth on March Fourth - It's DO SOMETHING DAY