Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Screen Time

Last night I found a couple of videos that I simply had to share. I wasn't planning on posting today, but I figured a short post to accompany two must-sees would be worth the time (watching both videos will take less than 10 minutes!).

Even the Kids Know Something is Very Wrong


First, I begin with our message out of the mouth of babes, because sometimes when we hear children speak about the world we have created for them, we tend to listen a little bit more closely. Birke Baehr, at the age of 11 gave a TEDx talk this past Spring in Asheville, TN about sustainable food. If you have not yet had the opportunity to view any TED talks, I highly recommend that you do (check out the TED site and if you have any questions about it, please feel free to ask me, but I think you'll find your way around). For now, you can whet your appetite for TED talks with Master Baehr's presentation:



Ecocentric, a fantastic blog I found last night, has an interview with Birke Baehr if you simply must know more about this 11 year old, soon to be organic farming advocate. I highly recommend checking this blog out and I anticipate that there will probably be many future links to this site as I continue to post.

Red Pill or Blue Pill?

Back in 2003 the following video went viral before YouTube was even invented. I think I will allow the Meatrix website's description of the movie serve as your intro.

The Meatrix:

Watch the movie that started it all! The Meatrix spoofs The Matrix and highlights the problems with factory farming. Join our heroes Moopehus, Leo, and Chickity as they help save family farms!
Winner of the 2005 Webby Award and viewed by over 15 million people, The Meatrix will change the way you look at meat!




So there you have it. You've taken the red pill, you know the truth and there is no turning back. There is a lot of other stuff on The Meatrix website, so if you are looking for more, please click away and SPREAD THE WORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Usability Testing / userfly.com

usability studies by userfly

Action Alerts RSS Feed | Food & Water Watch