Since I wear many hats in my search for sustenance: foodie, food politician, environmentalist, gluten-free & dairy-free eater, blogger, and the unfortunate hat of IIH & Crohn's disease sufferer, I will venture to answer all of these questions. My readers, on the other hand, should select whichever they identify with most. Here it goes...
My Interview With Myself...As a Foodie:
- Have you had the opportunity to try any of the recipes posted on the blog thus far?
- Have you been hoping to see a particular recipe, or ingredient, tackled on Searching for Sustenance? If so, what is it?
- Did you participate in the meatless Mondays challenge? Or do you eat meatless regularly, anyway?
- Who (and how many) do you cook for?
- What is your greatest kitchen success?
The second was a similarly emotional story about my marinara sauce. I tried to make it numerous times after my mom passed away, for my brother, for my fiancee, for other family members, but I kept messing something up. Then, one night, in frustration, I tried making it again for myself. I did it. It was a quiet, beautiful night and I am pretty sure Mom was in the kitchen with me then.
- What is "your Everest" - recipe, ingredient, technique, etc. - in the kitchen that continues to plague you?
As Food Politician:
- What is your major food issue? (genetically modified foods, local foods, organic foods, food safety, farming laws/regulations, or something else...)
- How do you try to enact change?
- Is there a certain topic you would like to see addressed here on Searching for Sustenance?
- What is your go-to source for all news and updates in the world of food politics?
Fellow Tree Lovers:
- What is the environmental issue at the forefront of your mind RIGHT NOW?
- What can WE DO to help fix it?
- Where can WE GO to support the cause?
- Do you see the future of our planet as one of filled with hope, or one that is hopeless?
- If you could enact one MAJOR change right now, globally, what would it be and why?
As A Gluten-Free/Dairy-Free Peep:
- What are the reasons that you are following a gluten-free and/or dairy-free lifestyle?
- How long have you been doing so?
- What have been the most difficult parts about it? What have been the best parts about it?
- What is the best tip you can think of giving someone who must start out on your diet restriction?
- How has the Internet helped you with your diet?
- Where do you for the latest and greatest information concerning your diet?
As A Blogger:
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your blog and what is its topic?
- Do you blog for fun, finances, or a mix of both?
- Do you have more than one blog? If so, why?
- How did you get into blogging?
- Are you on blogger, wordpress, somewhere else and how did you make that choice?
- What is your favorite blog network/community?
Fellow IH (PTC) or Crohn's Disease Sufferers:
- How does food help/hinder your condition?
- Do you have "trigger foods"? If so, what are they?
- Have you made any changes to your diet/nutrition since being diagnosed? If so, what were the affects?
- Have your doctors ever given you specific advice about nutrition and its relation to your condition(s)?
- Which do you believe bears a greater influence on your symptoms/condition as a whole: your nutrition or the medicines prescribed to you?
- What one thing would you like people, not familiar with your disease, to know about it?
For Crohn's: Sometimes I really, really DO want to enjoy that super yummy treat with you, but I KNOW that if I DO, my night is ruined... please don't call me a "party pooper" (you don't even realize how punny you are!) if I say no!
- Tell us where you've been going to get all the breaking news about your condition.
For Crohn's ccfa.org.
Now, if you haven't already done so, get over to the What Are YOU Thinking?! post and let us know YOUR TAKE on these questions!! The reason WHY that post is so popular is because EVERYONE keeps checking in to see what you have to say!!