Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award

And now for something completely off topic...

The Versatile Blogger Award was given to me by Meg Appleby the author of the Do Good blog. Meg rocks and so does her blog, if you haven't checked it out yet, then you really need to GET ON THAT NOW!

Thank you Meg for giving me my first ever Blog Award!!


So, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who gave you the award!
- Share 5-7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to up to 10 other versatile bloggers.
- Let those other bloggers know that you gave them the award


Things About Me:
  1. While teaching I was the adviser for many clubs: the Math Team (of course! ...want to buy a t-shirt?),  the Video Game Club, the Anime Club, the Asian American Awareness Club (we took a trip to Chinatown), the Hindu Awareness Club, the Animal Rights Club... I fear I am forgetting one.
  2. I once got a zero on a math test in the seventh grade. I answered every question. I got every single one wrong. (One of my favorite things to tell my math students).
  3. My mother gave both my brother and I French middle names to honor the fraction of French in our genes and in hopes that one day, one of us would open up a restaurant with a fancy French name. Mine would have been Nicole Dominique's or something like that. (She also secretly signed me up for all types of info from Culinary Arts schools when college choice time came around!).
  4. I LOVE Hayao Miyazaki's films. 
  5. I once beat my brother in a game of Star Wars Trivia Pursuit by being able to translate what Greedo said to Han Solo in the Cantina from memory. (My brother nearly died!)
  6. I have an irrational fear of spiders, E.T. and most aliens.
  7. I have a huge crush on my husband :)

My Nominated Versatile Bloggers:
  • Margot, more widely known as The Damsel in Dis Dress the author, and my distant teacher through the Old School - Self Reliance 101 blog.
  • Gigi, one of my buddies I met through StumbleUpon, who entertains and educates me with her Kludgy Mom blog
  • Lishie, avid reader by day and posting all types of tasty treats and meals she shares with her family by night on DeLish! for all of us to enjoy
  • Shelley, a special needs mom with a background in Interior Design and Landscape Architecture who is the hostess with the most-est of the current run of the SITS Girls 31 Days to Build a Better Blog - if this woman isn't versatile, then I don't know who is! Shelley's blog is called I'm Still Standing - and Lord knows, with all she has on her plate, that is an appropriate name!
 It is time for me to tell the nominees of their great honor and then go get myself ready for another awards ceremony tonight! (You didn't forget that tonight is Oscar's night, did you?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Usability Testing / userfly.com

usability studies by userfly

Action Alerts RSS Feed | Food & Water Watch